Earl H. Swanson Archaeological Repository —
- Size — ESAR requirements for exterior packaging are boxes of no greater than the standard file box size:
15 x 12 x 10 inches. When factors such as item weight or dimensions preclude the use of the standard size boxes, alternative packaging will be accepted.
- Type — Artifacts are stored long-term in acid-free archival storage boxes. If space is available in the appropriate location in the facility, it is possible that small collections can be added to existing boxes. Please contact the collections manager to determine if such space is available.
- Labels—Polyethylene bags containing artifacts should contain bag tags printed with indelible ink identifying catalog and site number, at the very least. Bags containing writing on the exterior surface is not acceptable as certain inks deteriorate the bags over time, and/or writing rubs off relatively quickly.
Recovery of Costs
- Any contract or memorandum of agreement that obligates Idaho State University to provide services or facilities, expend funds, or convey property, must be approved by the University President or his representative in order to be considered valid. No previous or existing agreement or continuing understanding may be cited as authority or justification for failure to obtain the required approval from the president or his representative.
ASI — Western Repository
- Size—External packaging may be of varying dimensions but about 1 cubic foot in capacity. Please contact the collections manager for more specific requirements.
- Type—Artifacts are stored in archival quality polyethylene boxes. Please contact the collections manager for suppliers and more specific requirements.
Alfred W. Bowers Laboratory of Anthropology —
- Oversized maps, profiles, drawings, etc. should not exceed 36″ x 48″.
- Computer Media: Two copies of all programs and data files are required. The working copies must be on zip disks.
- Size — External packaging requirements are boxes of no greater than 20 x 12 inches. Please contact the collections manager for more specific information.
- Type — Boxes used to store material items and samples must conform to the following:
Buckhorn – Reusable Plastic Attached Lib Containers, grey
Suppliers Contact Information:
55 West TechneCenter Drive
Milford, OH 45150
Toll Free: 1-800-543-4454
Tel: (513) 831-4402
Fax: (513) 831-547
Internal dividers should be used to separate material from different sites and to protect fragile items from being damaged by the accumulated weight of adjacent materials.
Recovery of Costs
- Any contract or memorandum of agreement that obligates the University of Idaho to provide services or facilities, expend funds, or convey property, must be approved by the bursar (financial vice president) in order to be considered valid. No previous or existing agreement or continuing understanding may be cited as authority or justification for failure to obtain the required approval from the financial vice president.