suggested grade levels: 9-12
view Idaho achievement standards for this lesson
1. Students will review some basic hydrology.
2. Students will learn how valuable the Digital Atlas can be as a resource.
1. Students can work alone or have partners. Assign each student or pair of students a question from the FAQ hydrology section of the digital atlas. Teachers should pick the questions that they feel would be most useful for the class. Encourage your students to use the Hydrology Basic section of the Digital Atlas.
2. To get there: Click on Atlas Home, Hydrology, Basics then on FAQ. Look at the list of questions on the right side of the screen. Students can use the series of links from these questions to explore the answers in depth.
3. Give your students the opportunity to learn by having them click on their assigned question. Have the students answer their question using the information and diagrams that are presented. Assign each student or pair of students to present their question and answer to the class on the next day.
These are links to access the handouts and printable materials.
Hydrology: Hydrology Topics