suggested grade levels: 9-12
view Idaho achievement standards for this lesson
1. Students will become familiar with the geology section of the Digital Atlas.
2. Students will get an introduction and/or review of basic geology.
1. Students can work alone or have partners. Assign each student or pair of students a question from the FAQ geology section of the digital atlas. Teachers should pick the questions that they feel would be most useful for the class. Encourage your students to use the Geology Basic section of the Digital Atlas.
2. To get there: Click on Atlas Home, Geology, Basics then on FAQ. Students will find a list of questions on the right side of the screen. They should follow these links to learn more about their question.
3. Give your students the opportunity to learn by having them click on their assigned question. Have the students answer their question using the information and diagrams given. Assign each student or pair of students to present their question and answer to the class on the next day.
These are links to access the handouts and printable materials.
Geology: Geology Topics