Bison Jigsaw Puzzle
suggested grade levels: K- 3
view Idaho achievement standards for this lesson
|Thin cardboard (such as tagboard, thin posterboard or an empty cereal box)||Scissors||Glue|
|Crayons, colored markers or colored pencils||Printer and paper||One black marker|
1. Print the bison pattern by clicking the Handout/Activities link below.
2. Color the bison family (if you use markers, wait for your picture to dry before you start step 3).
3. Glue the picture to the cardboard. Use a thin coat of glue only. Rubber cement works well too. Use your hands to very gently smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles that from under the picture. Wait for the glue to dry completely.
4. Use your scissors to trim any extra cardboard away from the edges of the picture.
5. Turn your picture over. Using the black marker, draw a puzzle pattern on the BACK of the cardboard (DO NOT draw on the front of the picture, the image at right is for example purposes only!).
6. Use the scissors to cut along the lines you have drawn.
7. Shuffle the pieces and turn them over. You now have your own bison puzzle to assemble. When you are done, store your puzzle in an empty box, or plastic bag.
These are links to access the handouts and printable materials.
Geography: Geography Topics