& Irrigation Research Projects
suggested grade levels: 7-12
view Idaho achievement standards for this lesson
1. Students will be exposed to the Digital Atlas.
2. Students will learn about Idaho's agriculture and irrigation.
Use the Atlas, the Internet and your library to gather information and pictures for these reports. A handout can be printed out by clicking below.
These are links to access the handouts and printable materials.
Select one of the following:
1. Cattle Write a report about cattle. Why do people raise cattle? What are cattle used for? What is the difference between beef cattle and dairy cattle?
2. Sheep Write a report about sheep. Why do people raise sheep? What are sheep used for?
3. Cowboy life Write a report about cowboy life. There are still cowboys working today.
4. Cattle Brands Some cattle brands are quite interesting to look at and think about.
(a) Write a report on cattle brands.
(b) Design your own brand. Pretend you are a rancher and you want a brand for your cattle. Keep in mind that a brand must be drawn so it can't be changed into a different brand. You can test your brand by letting someone else try to change it. If you don't have any cattle (and most of us don't), what else could your brand be used for?
Geography: Agriculture Topics